Feb 1, 2014; Champaign, IL, USA; Illinois Fighting Illini fans before the game against the Iowa Hawkeyes at State Farm Center. Mandatory Credit: Bradley Leeb-USA TODAY Sports

Illinois Basketball Recruiting: Jimmy Whitt Unofficially Visits The Fighting Illini

The Illinois Fighting Illini played host to one of the biggest targets from the 2015 recruiting class as shooting guard Jimmy Whitt unofficially visited Illinois this weekend.

Whitt has been on the radar of several basketball programs from across the nation as he currently holds offers from 22 teams.

However, the Missouri native has released his top nine schools which includes: Mizzou, Illinois, Arkansas Cal, Kansas State, Marquette, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and SMU.

Right now, the 247Sports Crystal Ball has Whitt giving his commitment to his home state Tigers. 85% of the voters are leaning towards Missouri with the other 15% picking either Arkansas or Kansas.

The best part of Jimmy Whitt’s game has to be his scoring ability. He’s a natural scorer who has the ability to create his own shot from anywhere on the floor.

Everything from his three’s to his penetration is exactly what Coach Groce should be looking for in a future Illinois guard.

It will be interesting to see if Illinois basketball can excite the 2015 shooting guard enough to give them his commitment this season.

The four-star recruit is currently ranked 1st in the state of Missouri, 15th among shooting guards, and 51st among 2015 high school recruits by 247Sports.

For more recruiting news, check out Fansided150.com.

For more on all the happenings in Illinois Athletics be sure to follow Writing Illini on FacebookTwitter, and use our Android/iOS app to get updates directly from FanSided. Or you can receive email updates from WritingIllini.com, by completing the following form here.

Want more from Writing Illini?  
Subscribe to FanSided Daily for your morning fix.
Enter your email and stay in the know.

Next Fighting Illini Game Full schedule »
Saturday, Nov 11 Nov8:00at Ohio State BuckeyesBuy Tickets

Tags: Basketball Illinois Fighting Illini Jimmy Whitt Recruiting

comments powered by Disqus