Sep 7, 2013; Champaign, IL, USA; Illinois Fighting Illini fans during halftime against the Cincinnati Bearcats at Memorial Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Bradley Leeb-USA TODAY Sports

Illinois Fighting Illini Football Recruiting: Kalif Jackson Receives Offer From Illinois

On Thursday, Tim Beckman and company extended an offer to 2015 wide receiver Kalif Jackson. Jackson is ranked as one of the Top 100 WRs from the 2015 recruiting class.

Illinois is just the 23rd team and sixth Big Ten team to offer at Givens. So far, the Neptune Beach, Florida native has offers from Illinois, Appalachian State, Boston College, California, Cincinnati, Duke, East Carolina, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Louisville, Marshall, Maryland, Missouri, Purdue, Rutgers, South Florida, Temple, Tulane, UCF, Wake Forest, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

Right now, the 247Sports Crystal Ball has Jackson going to the ACC for his college career in one way or another. The majority of the experts (67%) are predicting Duke to get his verbal commitment while the other 33% is predicting Georgia Tech to get the Florida receiver in the end.

Over these past few week, Tim Beckman and the Fighting Illini have been extending offers to high quality Florida recruits who are expected to give their verbals to other teams.

If Illinois will want these recruits’ commitments, they will need to win more games on the football field. It’s just that simple.

The three-star recruit is currently ranked 93rd in the state of Florida, 91st among wide receivers, and 760th among 2015 high school recruits by 247Sports.

Next Fighting Illini Game Full schedule »
Saturday, Oct 2525 Oct11:00Minnesota Golden GophersBuy Tickets

Tags: Football Illinois Fighting Illini Kalif Jackson Recruiting

comments powered by Disqus