Apr 12, 2014; Champaign, IL, USA; A general view of Memorial Stadium before the Illinois Fighting Illini spring football game. Mandatory Credit: Bradley Leeb-USA TODAY Sports

Illinois Fighting Illini Football Recruiting: Alex Givens Receives Offer From Illini

On Tuesday, Tim Beckman and company extended an offer to 2015 offensive tackle Alex Givens. Givens is ranked as one of the Top 100 OTs from the 2015 recruiting class.

Illinois is just the twelfth team and first Big Ten team to offer at Givens. So far, the Nashville Christian School offensive tackle has offers from Illinois, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, Louisville, Memphis, Miami (FL), Middle Tennessee State, Mississippi State, Syracuse, and Virginia.

Per 247Sports, the Nashville, Tennessee native is heavily interested in Ole Miss, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Auburn (no offer).

According to Ryan Callahan of GoVols247, Givens “admitted the Vols are ‘up there’ on his list, along with Vanderbilt.” However, he went on to say that Ole Miss is “standing out to him after his visit to Oxford, Mississippi.”

Right now, the 247Sports Crystal Ball has Givens going to the SEC for his college career in one way or another. The majority of the experts (80%) are predicting Ole Miss to get his verbal commitment while the other 20% is predicting Vandy to steal him away.

On the football field, Alex Givens is an athletic offensive tackle who contains a great frame along with feet, quickness, and pass blocking ability.

His main weakness coming into college will be his punch off the line of scrimmage.

Like we’ve said about many recruits thus far, Illinois will need to start winning games if they want a chance at gaining Givens’ verbal commitment.

For more recruiting news, check out Fansided150.com.

Next Fighting Illini Game Full schedule »
Saturday, Nov 11 Nov8:00at Ohio State BuckeyesBuy Tickets

Tags: Alex Givens Football Illinois Fighting Illini Recruiting

comments powered by Disqus