#12 Michigan Wolverines v.s. Illinois Fighting Illini
6:00 p.m. CST
- Illinois leads 85-76
- Last Year’s Meetings: #2 Michigan 74, Illinois 60 (1/27/13 at Champaign) and #7 Michigan 71, Illinois 58 (2/24/13 at Ann Arbor)
- Streak: Michigan W-5
- Record at Champaign: Illinois leads 54-25
- Streak at Champaign: Michigan W-2
- Groce v.s. Michigan: 1-2 (win with Ohio v.s. Michigan in 2012 NCAA Tournament)
- The Illini have won four of six and carry a three-game winning streak into Tuesday’s match-up with Michigan. This is Illinois’ longest conference winning streak since claiming five in a row last season (Feb. 7-21, 2013).
- Illinois’ defense has held each of its last four opponents to less than 50 points. It is the first time since the 1947 Big Ten season that the Illini have held four straight league foes below 50 points (Jan. 6-25, 1947).
- Over the last four games, Illini opponents are averaging just 48.0 points. Illinois is second in the Big Ten in scoring defense on the season at 62.0 ppg.
- Illinois is shooting 45.5 percent from 3-point range during its current three-game winning streak. The Illini shot 30.8 percent from behind the arc over the previous 26 games.
- The Illini have totaled 34 steals over the last three games and are averaging 20.7 points per game off turnovers over this stretch.
- Looking ahead to next week’s Big Ten Tournament, seeds seven through 12 are still in play for the Illini.
(Game Notes from Fightingillini.com)
- Points Per Game: 304th (65.1)
- Rebounds Per Game: 196th (34.4)
- Assists Per Game: 334th (10.2)
- Field Goal Pct: 324th (.407)
- Points Per Game: 78th (74.9)
- Rebounds Per Game: 289th (32.5)
- Assists Per Game: 64th (14.6)
- Field Goal Pct: 28th (.477)
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.