Nebraska Cornhuskers v.s. Illinois Fighting Illini
8:00 p.m. CST
- Illinois leads 10-4
- Last Meeting: Nebraska 67, Illinois 58 // Feb. 12, 2014 at Lincoln
- Streak: Nebraska W-1
- Record at Champaign: Illinois leads 7-1
- Streak at Champaign: Illinois W-7
- Groce v.s. Nebraska: 2-1
- Winners of two of its last three road games, Illinois looks to get back on the winning track at home, hosting Nebraska on Wednesday at State Farm Center.
- The Illini and Huskers are meeting for the second time in two weeks, having just played Feb. 12 in Lincoln, a 67-58 Nebraska victory.
- Wednesday’s contest features the only two newcomers ranked among the Big Ten’s top 20 scorers in Rayvonte Rice (16.2 ppg, eighth) and Nebraska’s Terran Petteway (18.4 ppg, first). In the last match-up on Feb. 12, Rice led the Illini with 23 points while Petteway tallied 16.
- After holding Minnesota to just 49 points on its homecourt in last Wednesday’s victory, Illinois’ defense has now limited the opponent to 65 points or less in 14 of its 15 wins this season, and 21 of its last 22 wins dating back to Feb. 10 of last year.
- Illinois ranks 24th nationally in defensive efficiency (95.1).
(Game Notes from Fightingillini.com)
- Points Per Game: 299th (65.7)
- Rebounds Per Game: 183rd (34.7)
- Assists Per Game: 337th (10.0)
- Field Goal Pct: 328th (.407)
- Points Per Game: 264th (67.7)
- Rebounds Per Game: 260th (33.3)
- Assists Per Game: 338th (9.9)
- Field Goal Pct: 259th (.427)
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.