#22 Ohio State Buckeyes v.s. Illinois Fighting Illini
7:00 p.m. CST
- Illinois leads 104-72
- Last Meeting: #17/15 Ohio State 62, Illinois 55 // Jan. 23, 2014 at Columbus
- Streak: Ohio State W-2
- Record at Champaign: Illinois leads 61-25
- Streak at Champaign: Illinois W-2
- Groce v.s. OSU: 1-2
- Illinois returns to State Farm Center on Saturday night, hosting No. 22 Ohio State. It is Illinois’ lone home game in a current four-game stretch that began with back-to-back trips to Penn State and Nebraska and is followed by a visit to Minnesota.
- This is the third game in six days for the Illini, who last played three games in less than a week Jan. 12-18 (at Northwestern-Purdue-Michigan State).
- Illinois is aiming to snap a four-game home skid and defeat a ranked Ohio State squad for the third consecutive season in Champaign.
- Illinois’ defense has limited the opponent to 65 points or less in 13 of its 14 victories this season, and 20 of its last 21 wins dating back to Feb. 10 of last year.
- Rayvonte Rice is the only player in the Big Ten Conference currently leading his team in scoring (16.8 ppg), rebounding (6.0 rpg) and steals (1.3 spg) on the season.
(Game Notes from Fightingillini.com)
- Points Per Game: 281st (66.9)
- Rebounds Per Game: 183rd (34.9)
- Assists Per Game: 338th (10.0)
- Field Goal Pct: 316th (.411)
- Points Per Game: 178th (71.4)
- Rebounds Per Game: 225th (34.1)
- Assists Per Game: 200th (12.6)
- Field Goal Pct: 118th (.455)
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.