6:02 p.m. CST
- Illinois leads 104-71
- Last Season’s Meeting: #11 Illinois 74, #8 Ohio State 55 (January 5, 2013 // Champaign) and #14 Ohio State 68, Illinois 55, (March 3, 2013 // Columbus)
- Streak: Ohio State W-1
- Record at Columbus: Ohio State leads 44-41
- Streak at Columbus: Ohio State W-4
- Groce v.s. OSU: 1-1
- The Ohio State Buckeyes will be Illinois’ second straight ranked opponent following the Illini’s loss in East Lansing against MSU. The Buckeyes will also be the fifth ranked opponent for the Fighting Illini this season (1-3 v.s ranked foes this year).
- Tonight’s game will be the second game of a five-game stretch that includes four opponents ranked in the top 17. The Illini play a total of nine games against currently ranked Big Ten teams.
- Illinois is 9-1 this season and 23-3 overall under Groce when reaching the 70-point marker.
- The Fighting Illini are also 3-0 this season in games decided by one or two points, and 8-0 overall under Groce.
- Illinois ranks 52nd nationally in defensive efficiency (97.1) and 29th in defensive free throw rate (31.7).
- Points Per Game: 250th (69.3)
- Rebounds Per Game: 133rd (36.4)
- Assists Per Game: 322nd (10.4)
- Field Goal Pct: 302nd (.416)
- Points Per Game: 142nd (73.3)
- Rebounds Per Game: 178th (35.6)
- Assists Per Game: 148th (13.2)
- Field Goal Pct: 93rd (.459)
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.