6:30 p.m. CST
- Illinois leads 130-38
- Last Season’s Meeting: Northwestern 68, #23 Illinois 54 (January 17, 2013 // Champaign) and Illinois 62, Northwestern 41, (February 17, 2013 // Evanston)
- Streak: Illinois W-1
- Streak at Evanston: Illinois W-2
- Groce v.s. Northwestern: 1-1
- Illinois finally got into the AP Top 25 this week. They entered the week at the #23 ranking, but could fall out of the Top 25 after their bad loss to #4 Wisconsin. A win against Northwestern might help the Illini cling to the bottom of the rankings.
- The Fighting Illini and Wildcats will only face off against each other once this season. The Illini will be looking to win three straight at Evanston since claiming four in a row at Welsh-Ryan Arena from 2005-09.
- Illinois has scored 70 or more points in three consecutive conference games since doing so in February of 2011.
- Wednesday night’s loss was a first for the Fighting Illini. For the first time this season, Illinois lost a game where they scored 70 or more points. They are now are now 9-1 this season and 23-3 overall under Coach John Groce when scoring 70 or more points.
- Points Per Game: 184th (72.1)
- Rebounds Per Game: 101st (37.4)
- Assists Per Game: 316th (10.7)
- Field Goal Pct: 252nd (.429)
- Points Per Game: 319th (64.6)
- Rebounds Per Game: 231st (34.4)
- Assists Per Game: 234th (12.3)
- Field Goal Pct: 316th (.407)
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.