#23 Illinois Fighting Illini v.s. #4 Wisconsin Badgers
8:00 p.m. CST
- Illinois leads 110-79
- Last Season’s Meeting: Wisconsin 75, #12/13 Illinois 51 (January 12, 2013 // Madison) and Wisconsin 74, Illinois 68 (February 3, 2013 // Champaign)
- Streak: Wisconsin W-5
- Streak at Madison: Wisconsin W-3
- Groce v.s. Wisconsin: 0-2
- Illinois finally broke through and are in the AP Top 25. The Illini have now been in the AP rankings in each of the last six seasons. This is also their 47th season as a ranked team.
- Wisconsin will be the third ranked opponent this season for the Fighting Illini. Illinois is 1-1 this season against ranked foes as they lost to #15 Oregon in Portland and beat #23 Mizzou in St. Louis.
- Illinois has also loss two straight on the road versus Top-25 teams. The most recent was the Illini’s loss to #18 Minnesota, 57-53, last season.
- Illinois is 5-8 against ranked opponents under Groce.
- It has been 25 years since Illinois last defeated a Top-5 team on the road. The last Illini team to beat a Top-5 team on the road was the Flyin’ Illini thanks to a Nick Anderson 35 footer at the buzzer.
- Points Per Game: 188th (72.3)
- Rebounds Per Game: 139th (36.7)
- Assists Per Game: 296th (11.1)
- Field Goal Pct: 209th (.439)
- Points Per Game: 121st (75.1)
- Rebounds Per Game: 210th (35.1)
- Assists Per Game: 180th (13.0)
- Field Goal Pct: 88th (.466)
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.