2:00 p.m. CST
- Indiana leads 85-84
- Last Meeting: #3 Indiana 80, Illinois 64 (March 15, 2013 // United Center)
- Last Meeting in Champaign: Illinois 74, #1 Indiana 72 (Feb. 7th, 2013)
- Streak: Indiana W-1
- Streak at Champaign: Illinois W-4
- Groce v.s. Indiana: 1-1
- Today marks the 109th season of Big Ten basketball for the Illinois Fighting Illini. The Illini are 66-42 all-time in Big Ten openers and have won 11 of its last 14 league openers.
- Today’s game will feature one of the best scoring defenses in the Big Ten v.s. one of the best scoring offenses in the NCAA. Illinois ranked second in the Big Ten for scoring defense (66.6 points per game) while Indiana has the third best scoring offense in the Big Ten (82.2 points per game).
- Two of Illinois’ last three home wins over the Hoosiers have been at the buzzer. Last year in Champaign, Tyler Griffey hit the game-winning lay-up to give the #1 Hoosiers their third loss of the season.
- Points Per Game: 221st (71.2)
- Rebounds Per Game: 144th (36.5)
- Assists Per Game: 270th (11.5)
- Field Goal Pct: 185th (.444)
- Points Per Game: 29th (82.2)
- Rebounds Per Game: 4th (45.5)
- Assists Per Game: 224th (12.3)
- Field Goal Pct: 71st (.473)
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.