1:00 p.m. CST
- Illini lead 12-2
- Last Meeting: UIC 57, #12 Illinois 54 (Dec. 18, 2010 // United Center)
- Streak: UIC W-1
- Groce v.s. UIC: First Time
- At United Center: Illinois leads 2-1
- The United Center has served as a “home away from home” for the Illini. This game against UIC will be the 47th game that Illinois has played in Chicago. Illinois’ all-time record at the UC is 34-12 (.739).
- Half of Illinois’ roster is from the Chicagoland area. These players are Tracy Abrams, Nnanna Egwu, Kendrick Nunn, Jaylon Tate, and Mike LaTulip, along with transfers Darius Paul and Ahmad Starks.
- The Fighting Illini hit a big milestone with their 65-64 victory over Missouri last weekend. With the win, Illinois now has 1,700 wins all-time is just the 13th program in NCAA Div. I history to reach that milestone. They join teams like Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, Duke, Syracuse, Temple, UCLA, St. John’s, Notre Dame, Indiana, Penn and Louisville.
- Points Per Game: 230th (71.0)
- Rebounds Per Game: 130th (36.9)
- Assists Per Game: 253rd (11.8)
- Field Goal Pct: 192nd (.444)
- Points Per Game: 215th (71.6)
- Rebounds Per Game: 267th (33.5)
- Assists Per Game: 308th (10.9)
- Field Goal Pct: 217th (.438)
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.