Illinois Fighting Illini @ Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
6:15 p.m. CST
- Illini lead 7-1
- Last Meeting: #22 Illinois 75, Georgia Tech 62 (Nov. 28th, 2012)
- Streak: Illini W-5
- Record at Atlanta: Illinois 1-0
- Groce v.s. Georgia Tech: 1-0
- Illini come into the game with a four-game winning streak in the Challenge. This streak is the longest active streak by a team from either conference (tied with Purdue).
- Illinois is 7-7 all-time in the Challenge.
- The Big Ten and ACC split last year’s Challenge, 6-6. This was after the Big Ten had won the three previous Challenges, 8-4 in 2011 and 6-5 in both 2009 and 2010.
- In 2012, John Groce became the first Illinois coach to win his first Challenge game. The other three Illini coaches to do the same are Lon Kruger (1999), Bill Self (2000), and Bruce Weber (2003).
- Points Per Game: 210th (72.3)
- Rebounds Per Game: 19th (42.9)
- Assists Per Game: 230th (12.0)
- Field Goal Pct: 253rd (.425)
- Points Per Game: 193rd (73.4)
- Rebounds Per Game: 47th (40.1)
- Assists Per Game: 70th (15.0)
- Field Goal Pct: 192nd (.444)
Illinois in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge
- Record: 7-7
- Current Streak: W-4
- On the road: 3-2
- When unranked: 2-3
- When playing an unranked opponent: 4-2
- When neither team is ranked: 1-2
- Longest winning streak: 4 (09-present)
- Longest losing streak: 3, twice (99-01 and 06-08)
- Largest winning margin: 27 points (02)
- Largest losing margin: 13 points (01)
- Closest margin: 1 point (00)
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.