#3 OhioState Buckeyes @ Illinois Fighting Illini
- Buckeyes lead 65-30-4
- 2012- Illinois 22 @ OhioState 52
- 2011- OhioState 17 @ Illinois 7
- 2010- OhioState 24 @ Illinois 13
- 2009- Illinois 0 @ OhioState 30
- 2008- OhioState 30 @ Illinois 20
- Illini come into the game on Saturday losing their last five games by an average of 21.4 points.
- Those five straight Illini loses have been because the Illini defense has given up 42.6 points per game in that span.
- OhioState is currently on a 21 game winning streak and would tie the school record with a win over the Illini.
- The Buckeyes are only giving up 17 points per game this season. That is ranked 8th in the nation.
- Passing Yards: 25th (288.90)
- Rushing Yards: 95th (136.40)
- Points For: 63rd (29.70)
- Points Against: 105th (34.7)
- Passing Yards: 68th (229.80)
- Rushing Yards: 8th (301.10)
- Points For: 5th (48.20)
- Points Against: 8th (17.00)
This is a complete lopsided game. OhioState is coming in and has never been hotter. Illinois is coming in and this maybe the worst defense we have ever seen an Illini team have. I would be surprised if the Illini can put up double digit points. OhioState’s defense is stout and the Illini offense has a tendency to sputter.
The Buckeyes are favored by 33 ½ points in Saturdays game. Despite this game being a big rivalry game, you have to take the 33 ½ and the Buckeyes to cover. With the Illini defense giving up over 42 points per game in the last five games, this game could get ugly.
Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter @ReesIsMe