This weekend the Big Ten has 13 games in total scheduled so here’s what to watch. Here are my six things to look at over the weekend.
1) Four Big Ten teams are ranked coming into this week of play. These teams are the #2 Michigan State Spartans, #7 Michigan Wolverines, #10 Ohio State Buckeyes, and #20 Wisconsin Badgers.
2) Following their huge victory over #1 Kentucky on Tuesday, Michigan State will play their first of two host games in the Coaches vs Cancer Classic. The Spartans will face off against Columbia in this game.
3) Ohio State will have the biggest test of any Big Ten team this weekend. The Buckeyes will travel to Wisconsin for a match-up with the #17 Marquette Golden Eagles. Thus far, Ohio State has won games over Morgan State and Ohio.
4) The Indiana Hoosiers will be the only Big Ten team with two games this weekend. They will play Samford on Friday and Stony Brook on Sunday.
5) When it comes to rebounding, Michigan’s Jon Horford leads the conference with 13.5 rebounds per game to start the season. In the team’s 93-59 victory over South Carolina State, Horford hauled in a total of 15 rebounds.
6) Northwestern’s senior guard/forward Drew Crawford comes into this weekend as the Big Ten’s leading scorer as he is averaging 25 points per game. In the Wildcats’ lost to Stanford on Thursday, he only scored a total of 15 points.
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.
If you want to see the Illini live during the 2013-14 season, visit our friends at TiqIQ for the best deals on Illinois basketball tickets.