This week, the Big Ten has twelve nonconference games scheduled. Here are my six things to look at over this week in the Big Ten.
2) The Big Ten will look to remain perfect as a conference coming into this week of play. Over the opening weekend of college basketball, Big Ten teams were able to go 14-0.
3) Michigan State will face off against the #1 Kentucky Wildcats in the State Farms Champions Classic at the United Center in Chicago on Tuesday night.This match-up will be the earlier meeting between the nation’s top two teams in NCAA history.
4) Besides MSU, the only other Big Ten team to face off against a ranked opponent this week will be the Wisconsin Badgers. Wisconsin will play host to a #11 Florida Gators team.
6) The Purdue Boilermakers will look to get past their opening game scare against Northern Kentucky over the weekend. Purdue was able to escape with a 77-76 win against a team that many expected them to beat down. The Boilermakers will play Central Connecticut State on Wednesday night.
6) Outside of the ranked Big Ten teams, the Illinois Fighting Illini could have their hands full on Wednesday night against the Valparaiso Crusaders. Valpo is 2-0 on the young season and also made it the the NCAA National Tournament last March (lost to MSU in the second round).
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.
If you want to see the Illini live during the 2013-14 season, visit our friends at TiqIQ for the best deals on Illinois basketball tickets.