This week, the Big Ten has five conference games scheduled. Here are my six things to look at over this week in the Big Ten.
1) Five Big Ten teams are ranked coming into this week of play. These teams are the #1 Indiana Hoosiers, the #4 Michigan State Spartans, the #7 Michigan Wolverines, the #18 Ohio State Buckeyes, and the #19 Wisconsin Badgers.
2) The #18 Ohio State Buckeyes will look to bounce back in their game on Wednesday night against Minnesota. They did not play well in their last game against the Wisconsin Badgers and fell in the rankings because of it.
3) The Big Ten Game of the Week will be Tuesday’s match-up between #1 Indiana and #4 Michigan State. The Hoosiers won the first meeting at home, 75-70.
However, the Spartans are playing well as of late and have won five straight since their last meeting with Indiana. This game could decide who will win the Big Ten regular season crown.
4) The Wisconsin Badgers might be feeling like they have something to prove this week. They only moved up one spot in the Top 25 after beating #13 Ohio State this past weekend. The Badgers will travel to Evanston, Illinois on Wednesday to play the Northwestern Wildcats.
5) The Penn State Nittany Lions come into this week at 0-13 in Big Ten conference play. They lost a “close one” to Michigan, 71-79. They will play an Illinois Fighting Illini team that is hot in their last five games.
6) The Purdue Boilermakers and the Michigan Wolverines will be the only Big Ten teams not playing this week.
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.
Like the us on Facebook at Writing_Illini.