This weekend, the Big Ten has six conference games scheduled. Here are my six things to look at over this week in the Big Ten.
1) Six of the Big Ten teams in play this weekend are ranked. These teams are the #2 Michigan Wolverines, the #5 Indiana Hoosiers, the #8 Minnesota Golden Gophers, the #12 Illinois Fighting Illini, the #15 Ohio State Buckeyes, and the #22 Michigan State Spartans.
2) The #2 Michigan Wolverines look to remain perfect to start the season. They are 16-0, but will be playing #15 Ohio State.
3) The Big Ten Game of the Weekend will be Saturday’s match-up between #8 Minnesota and #5 Indiana.
The Hoosiers are the best offense in the nation and are averaging 87 points per game as a team. However, the Golden Gophers are the best defense in the conference. They lead the conference in steals and blocks.
4) The Big Ten has four teams with no losses in the conference so far this season. The teams are Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and Indiana.
5) There will be three Big Ten teams looking for their first conference win of the season. Penn State, Iowa, and Nebraska will see on Sunday if they can get conference win number one.
6) There are three dominating scorers in the Big Ten heading into this weekend. Deshaun Thomas (Ohio State) still leads the conference with 20.3 points per game. Brandon Paul (Illinois) and Trey Burke (Michigan) are right behind Thomas at #2 and #3. Paul averages 18.6 points per game while Burke averages 18.2 points per game.
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.
Like the us on Facebook at Writing_Illini.