This weekend the Big Ten has eight games in total scheduled and here’s what to watch. These are my six things to look at over the weekend.
1) All eight of the Big Ten teams playing this weekend will be playing at home. #5 Indiana, #12 Illinois, and #2 Michigan are undefeated in home games this season.
2) The #2 Michigan Wolverines are the only undefeated Big Ten team in action this weekend. They will play this Saturday at home against Central Michigan.
3) Four of the Big Ten teams in play this weekend are ranked. These teams are the #2 Michigan Wolverines, the #5 Indiana Hoosiers, the #10 Ohio State Buckeyes, and the #12 Illinois Fighting Illini.
4) Despite losing only one game this season, Indiana is the best scoring team in the nation. They are first in the nation with 89.1 points per game. They also have the best winning margin in the Big Ten. They are outscoring opponents by 29.8 points.
5) Two teams that are taking care of the ball well so far this season are the #10 Ohio State Buckeyes and the Wisconsin Badgers. They are averaging 4.91 and 4.58 fewer turnovers then their opponents this season.
6) Just like last weekend in the Big Ten, the top two scorers are Deshaun Thomas (Ohio State) and Brandon Paul (Illinois). However, Paul has pulled closer to Thomas’ average this season. Thomas leads the Big Ten with 20.0 points per game and Paul is second with 19.2 points per game.
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.