This week, the Big Ten has ten games scheduled over five days. Here are my six things to look at over this week in the Big Ten.
1) The 6 Indiana Hoosiers will play two games this week after losing their first game of the season to Butler. They will play Mount St. Mary’s and Florida Atlantic.
2) Can the 2 Michigan Wolverines stay undefeated? Michigan’s only game this week will be against Eastern Michigan (6-3).
3) The three Big Ten teams that will look to remain unbeaten at home are the 3 Michigan Wolverines, the 6 Indiana Hoosiers, and the 7 Ohio State Buckeyes.
Michigan plays Eastern Michigan, Indiana plays two home games this week (Mount St. Mary’s and Florida Atlantic) and Ohio State plays one home game against Winthrop.
4) Tuesday night has the most Big Ten teams playing with four games. 7 Ohio State will play Winthrop, 20 Michigan State will play Bowling Green, Purdue will play Ball State, and Nebraska will play Jacksonville State.
5) The match-up of the week is Friday’s game featuring the Northwestern Wildcats against the Stanford Cardinal. The Cardinal are the only major conference team to play a Big Ten team this week.
6) Indiana has three players leading stats in the Big Ten. Cody Zeller leads the conference with 8.5 rebounds per game, Victor Oladipo leads the conference by shooting 65.8% from the field, Christian Watford leads the conference by shooting 91.1% from the free throw line, and Victor Oladipo also leads the conference with 2.7 steals per game.
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.