This weekend the Big Ten has nine games in total scheduled so here’s what to watch. Here are my six things to look at over the weekend.
1) Nebraska, 1 Indiana, and Purdue all hit the road this weekend. They all have the three toughest games. Nebraska will play Oregon (8-1), 1 Indiana will play Butler (7-2), and Purdue will have the toughest match-up against the 22 Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
2) There are still six Big Ten teams that are ranked nationally going into this weekend. These teams are 1 Indiana, 3 Michigan, 7 Ohio State, 10 Illinois, 13 Minnesota (does not play this weekend), and 19 Michigan State.
3) 1 Indiana (9-0), 3 Michigan (10-0), and 13 Illinois (11-0) are all looking to stay undefeated this weekend. 1 Indiana will have the toughest game out of these three schools because Butler can be an “upset alert” type of team.
4) The Purdue Boilermakers are the 8th highest ranked team in rebounds this season. They are averaging 44.2 rebounds per game.
5) Penn State will be playing the Delaware State Hornets. Delaware State’s sophomore center Kendall Gray is averaging 3.9 blocks per game which is fifth in the nation.
6) The 1 Indiana Hoosiers are still the highest scoring team in the country at 89.1 points per game.
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.