This week, the Big Ten has five games scheduled over only two days. Here are my six things to look at over this week in the Big Ten.
1) All five Big Ten teams will be playing at home this week. 10 Illinois, 3 Michigan, and 13 Minnesota will play home games on Wednesday while 7 Ohio State and Wisconsin will play at home on Thursday.
2) Can 10 Illinois and 3 Michigan stay undefeated? Both teams will play on Wednesday as the Illini take on Norfolk State and the Wolverines will face off against Binghamton.
3) North Dakota State will be in Minneapolis, Minnesota to face 13 Minnesota on Wednesday night. Can the Golden Gophers remain unbeaten at home with the Bison coming in?
4) Wednesday is filled of solid match-ups: 10 Illinois will host Norfolk State at Assembly Hall, 3 Michigan looks to blow past Binghamton, and 13 Minnesota will host the 8-2 North Dakota State Bison.
5) The match-up of the week is Wednesday’s game featuring 10 Illinois and Norfolk State. The Illini will look to stay undefeated behind their senior guard Brandon Paul.
Paul is averaging 19.5 points per game (2nd in the Big Ten).
6) Ohio State’s Deshaun Thomas is first in the Big Ten and 17th in the nation with 20.6 points per game. Indiana’s Cody Zeller is fourth in the Big Ten with 15.4 points per game. Did anyone expect Thomas to lead the conference in scoring over Zeller?
Make sure to follow me on Twitter @RickyWidmer.